Saturday, October 9, 2010

A whole week on the Parelli Campus!

That's right, I've finished my first week as a Parelli Working Student!  Whoo-hoo!!  Its been pretty challenging, but I've had a great time learning new things and meeting new people.  My horse didnt make it down yet, but he will.  I just have to have faith that things will work out at home to send my horse down here!  And on a more personal note, I got engaged!!  It was the sweetest thing ever.  My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 3 years, and he was happy that I was going to be a working student, but knew he was going to miss me.  So, I didnt know it, but he put my engagement ring in the pocket on the seat of my truck, and after my first week was done here, he told me about it!  He told me he didnt want me to stay home because of it, because he was so proud of me for becoming a working student, but he really wanted to propose, so he thought up this way.  I am so excited!  There is no date set, but thats ok, because we both have to get done with school and starting our careers first.  I'm off to bed, and planning on enjoying my first day off tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you! Just think, when Pistol gets there, you can spend your days off with him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie, I am so happy for you. What a cute way to get engaged and how lovely that you have such a supportive boyfriend, uh, fiancee. I cross fingers that everything will work out fine with Pistol....

    Petra Christensen
    Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
    Parelli Central

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Petra! He has been incredibly supportive of my journey, and I'm super lucky to have him! Now if only my horse will get on the trailer, things will be going as planned(for once!).

    ReplyDelete