Sunday, November 14, 2010

Busy-ness again!

I thought to myself today, "Wow, its been a long time since I've updated my blog!" So here I am, typing away on my day off!  First off, its been a great day off, I've spent tons of time with my horse, who has been fabulous!  We played around with having as small of a phase one as possible, and it went really well!  I was amazed at how much effort he was putting in to things.  I asked him to back up over a pole today, first time ever, and he did it!  He also put all 4 feet on the bridge and stayed on!  Before, he would put 4 feet on, and get right off, but he finally got on, stopped and looked at me, and waited.  I'm so happy with him.  I've been focusing on doing the little things really well, and its really been paying off.  He stands still for blanketing, which is wonderful.  He has gotten very focused on where he puts his feet, especially when he backs up.  Its to the point that he can back up to any object and place his feet so close to the object that his hair is brushing it.  I'm just so proud of him.

I did find something out that wasnt very exciting though.  My poor horse is allergic to something in Florida!  The vet thinks its something around his pen that triggers it, but couldnt figure out what.  His recommendation was for Pistol to be in a pasture as much as possible, and happily, that is working out.  He is getting much better now, and even has a palm tree in his pasture!  Welcome to Florida! :)

I've been making lots of friends down here, and having a great time.  Its so wonderful to be around nothing but Parelli all the time.  I've been told I will have kind of a hard time going home though, because I'll miss everyone here!  I'll worry about that when the time comes though, which won't be for a good long time!

1 comment:

  1. I really liked you post Maggie. Sometimes when you take things very slow you can get the most amazing outcomes. Well done. I also have a LBE and I have noticed that even though he prefers to play fast he also enjoys slow mind-blowing sessions.

    Marta and Juliano

    ReplyDelete